I love the smell of a new car! My husband and I went to a local Honda dealership the other day to *test drive* a new Civic and ended up walking out with the paperwork for a new car. We picked it up a couple of days ago and fell in love with the entire "new car" experience all over again... We have a 1995 Honda Civic that has treated us well over the past 13 years -- it had approximately 10 miles on the odometer when we drove it off the lot and it has taken us on many trips throughout the years, despite the little temper tantrum it had the morning after we signed the paperwork for a new one. We intend to put a For Sale sign on it this week, which makes us a little sad. It has been part of the family for a lot of the good times and the bad -- 194,000 miles later, though, it is time to get a new and more trustworthy vehicle.
I have been researching websites for new cars for quite a while. I wanted to test drive a Mini Cooper, but thanks to this little foot issue that I talked about in an earlier blog, I wasn't able to do that. I couldn't really convince my husband on a new Mini anyway... I boiled it down to either a Honda Civic or a Toyota 4Runner. Thanks to this expensive gas crisis, the Civic won out. We already have a 4Runner (which I love) that is nine years old and seems to be running fine (knock-on-wood), so I can wait a few years before getting another one.
For now, I am going to enjoy the smell of the new car each time I open the *passenger* door. I have told my husband to enjoy his driving experience for the next nine weeks because after the doctor releases me to drive again, it is my car. (LOL)
(I'm so lucky that he loves me!)
In a few months, I will probably need to write a post about the scent of Vanillaroma air fresheners...
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment